Scroll down for additional descriptions on some job postings.
Part-time Assistant, Rockside Winery & Vineyards, Lancaster, OH
Rockside Winery and Vineyards is looking for part-time help, estimated 10-20 hours per week, in the winery tasting room. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, have their own transportation, and be willing to work nighttime and Saturday. Must be friendly, hardworking, and be able to provide excellent customer service. Wine experience and serving experience is a plus. Good hourly rate plus a share of tips, and a fun place to work!
For more information send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having you join our team!
Vineyard Assistant (IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE!), Quaker City, OH
Vineyard Assistant needed to help with planting and managing a new vineyard in Quaker City, OH. New vines are arriving May 18, so please contact Dorothy at email@example.com ASAP! Housing is available on site; multiple internship positions are available.
Tasting Room/Sales Associate, Buccia Winery, Conneaut, OH
Part time position: 2 weekends/month (Thursday – Saturday)
This position requires that the employee conduct wine tastings and sales, as well as serve wines on site. Please contact Fred Bucci at 440-593-5976.
Winery Bartender, The Winery at Spring Hill, Geneva, OH
Primarily weekends; call 440-466-0626 for more information on how to apply.
Gervasi Vineyard is currently hiring Seasonal Vineyard Assistants
Summary: The Seasonal Vineyard Assistant is a hands-on position tending six varieties of grape vines in Gervasi Vineyard’s 5.5 acre estate vineyard in Canton, Ohio. Under the direction of the Vineyard Manager, the Vineyard Assistant will assist with basic grounds keeping and other assigned vineyard tasks, in accordance with best practices, procedures, and safety requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate hand tools and light mechanical grounds keeping equipment to assist with planting, cultivating, and harvesting crops.
- Assist with weed control procedures.
- Maintain vineyard by pruning, tying, vine trainings, canopy management, fruit thinning, and harvesting
- All other duties as assigned,
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate
- Previous experience in farming, horticulture, viticulture, landscaping, or similar field, or a sufficient combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
This is a seasonal position, hours vary. Apply through http://gms.applicantstack.com/x/detail-gervasi/a2cn4can3xts only, please.
Assistant Winemaker, Wilcox, PA: Newly-purchased winery needs an assistant winemaker ASAP! This position will include retail sales, wine festival work, among other winemaking tasks. Full time, with benefits, this position also requires relocation to Northwest Pennsylvania. For more information, please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Winemaker.
Vineyard Manager & Cellar Staff; East Shore Vineyard; Grand Isle, VT
Looking for horticulture minded person to supervise and successfully manage high quality and appropriate yielding grapes. Take part in all aspects of vineyard management on our existing 11-acre property and also develop our new 170-acre property in South Hero. Use knowledge of winemaking and be involved in all aspects from grape to bottle.
Pruning and plant support; observing growth cycles
- Vine propagation and planting
- Canopy management
- Mowing and Spraying
- Maintenance, cleaning and upkeep of tanks and winery space
- Laboratory duties
- Monitor fermentation, pump wines and make additions
- Communicate to wine-maker and owner of cellar conditions
- AS/BS degree in horticulture, soil science, or related field preferred
- Ability and will to work under adverse field conditions, walk 2-5 miles/day, and lift and handle 50 lbs
- Willingness to learn and take on special projects
- Knowledge of farming and machinery preferred
- Be detail oriented
Contact: Email Resumes, References, and Cover letter to:
Ben Durant – Owner